I try to give my opinion about 10 paradoxes by Mihaly about creative people, and here the paradoxes and my opinions:
1. Creative people have a great deal of physical energy, but they’re also often quiet and at rest.
Creative people mostly have a great deal with physical energy because they usually think out of the box and distribute their creative think by physic like using by their body language to represent their creative think. They also often quiet and I think the quietness of them means inside their mind they think something extraordinary.
2. Creative people tend to be smart yet naive at the same time.
Creative people tend to be smart because they have unordinary thinking skills that can make them easier to understand something and maybe solving problem even though they do it in their own way and. They tend to be smart because they see something different and usually not in the same pattern. Because of that too they tend to be naïve at the same time. Usually they said anything that come to their mind but common people think what they say is not feasible.
3. Creative people combine playfulness and discipline, or responsibility and irresponsibility.
Creative people combine playfulness and discipline. They play to get creative idea, to learn from something they don’t know, to get inspiration and dream something. They combine it with discipline in order to implement their ideas. A Creative people are responsible of what their ideas and its implementation, Irresponsible about their huge of creative thought which can be unpredictable and has no limit.
4. Creative people alternate between imagination and fantasy, and a rooted sense of reality.
I think everybody is live with imagination and fantasy. But creative people usually try to make their imagination achieved even though their imagination is not possible. Their sense of reality can make them try to make something impossible become possible. With creativity, the imaginations that you dream would become real.
5. Creative people trend to be both extroverted and introverted.
Not all creative people follow trend to be both like that. They should not influence by trend, creative people should be just they are.
6. Creative people are humble and proud at the same time.
It can be one of creative people typical. They usually do not want to show up and let other people judge their idea or creativity. An idea/creativity that can be accepted, brilliant, and based on their invention can make their proud at the same time.
7. Creative people, to an extent, escape rigid gender role stereotyping.
Most of creative people escape rigid gender role stereotyping, because they want to have no limit in their creativity.
8. Creative people are both rebellious and conservative.
Because they have an extraordinary idea and usually the creative idea is unusual for common people, it can lead they are rebellious. They want their unordinary idea accepted and they try to make it happen. Other people see this way as a rebel. Creative people belief in their idea and they think it is not impossible like other people though. They both have rebellious and conservative.
9. Most creative people are very passionate about their work, yet they can be extremely objective about it as well.
Yes, they are passionate of their work. Because their work usually one kind of inventions of their thought, absolutely they enthusiast and have big passion to make it real. Surely they can be extremely objective about their work in order to make it extraordinary real.
10. Creative people’s openness and sensitivity often exposes them to suffering and pain, yet also to a great deal of enjoyment.
The idea of creative people usually thought impossible by other people. They rejected and not well accepted can make them sensitivity. The process of implementation their idea or creativity can make them suffering and pain. But I think that creative people also have joy in each process and project they conduct.